Many people want to help. And many brilliant Wellington people and businesses have stepped forward to do so. Thank you all.
First of all, The Red Cross, Save the Children and the Ukrainian people in the UK are running urgent appeals for money donations. Please see comment with link below.
If you would like to donate in other ways, there is an appeal for other items – but NOT clothing – being run by the Polish Group here in Wellington. A list of items is below – and they need to be boxed and clearly labelled – due to customs requirements as we are no longer part of the EU and they will be travelling through the EU to reach their destination. This will speed up border controls.
The places offering to take items locally are: Anthony’s of Wellington, Blondies Cakery and Wellington Methodist Church.
One final request we’ve had is for any ex-servicemen in the town with spare military dress/equipment (obviously not weapons!) to also dig these out and package them up (again clearly labelled) if they wish to.
Thank you Wellington for your support.
List of required products below version (from the Polish group in Wellington)
- Modified milk for infants
- Thermal blankets, sleeping bags, bedding, bed sheets, bedding mats
- Personal Hygiene Products (Toothpaste , Toothbrush, wet wipes, nappies and underpants, sanitary towels)
- Paper towels
- Antibacterial Fluids
- Medical Spirit
- Disposable and reusable masks
- Bandaging agents, wound disinfectant and disinfectant
- Celox (i.e. granules for staunching blood)
- Torniquets, or blood pressure bands.
- Field tents
- Microfibre Towels
- Reusable dish sets, meaning plates and cutlery
- Cooking saucepans
- Batteries of various sizes, candles, lanterns
From the food:
- All kinds of instant food (i.e. quick soups)
- Breakfast flakes
- Power Bars
- Dried fruits
- Instant cough syrup
- and really importantly….- packing boxes to put items in